CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jafo

29th July 2017, 18:35
Evening All,

Been out all day but did this earlier. I notice there are no posts about this one which is unusual. I know it was fairly easy but still like to hear what other people thought.

For me the only one I had to check the def. for was 13a.
1 of 11  -   Report This Post

zozozo

29th July 2017, 18:46
I found it fairly straightforward too but, like you, had to look up the definition of 13a - a new one to me. I found that I completed the grid in a more 'scatter gun' way than usual but once I had got a few crossers things began to fall into place
2 of 11  -   Report This Post

roof

29th July 2017, 21:00
Hi both

I started really well, but then slowed down, finally nearly finishing. Like you I didn't know 13ac, but the two I'm stuck on are 11ac and 7d.

11ac Seeing double, mistakenly means to invest (5,7). I have S?E?E/?N???E? Is one of my crossers wrong?
7d Attack incomplete, much seen in score (5)
I have A?S??

Only hints please
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

jafo

29th July 2017, 21:29
Hi roof

Double anagram of seeing.......Think of Troy
Its a musical notation, a word for attack short of an L

4 of 11  -   Report This Post

ethereal

29th July 2017, 23:19
Im having trouble in the top right corner. My 8 down anagram of Eg concert I is a term for self-centered but I can't parse it "in relation to omission from The Planets". And it doesn't help solve 5 across, Drive off from established place for driving practice, E?T?A???. Still a beautiful early evening where I am and time to wrap this up.
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

mamya

29th July 2017, 23:21
8 down

swap the first and third letters of the answer you have.

That should help with the other as well.
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

roof

29th July 2017, 23:36
Hi Jafo

I had thought of the answer to 7d, but hadn't heard of that musical term before.

I'd also tried the anagram of seeing seeing, but couldn't solve it. Now I have an answer, but am not sure how it fits the clue.

But at least I've finished.

So many thanks to you.
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

mamya

29th July 2017, 23:46
To understand that one -11a, you need an archaic definition for 'Invest' and your answer is that which was a means to do this.
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

mackania

30th July 2017, 08:32
I believe 13a is the one I'm having trouble with. 8 came across the word doni in urban slang however I doing believe that to be the answer. My actual answer seems to be Dutch word and I can't quite parse it.
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

jafo

30th July 2017, 09:12
The answer to 13 is actually right in front of you (more than once)
10 of 11  -   Report This Post