CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

anniec

6th June 2010, 19:10
I believe I have all the answers in place and the theme but cannot find a word to fit 2d - clue is Special order: French company bonds for corporate body. No letters as the answer is jumbled before entry but I am hoping one of the clever people on this site can work out the clue! Thanks x
1 of 15  -   Report This Post

the joker

6th June 2010, 20:38
AnnieC
You say you have no letters,but the no. of letters would maybe help.
2 of 15  -   Report This Post

graudian

6th June 2010, 20:42
annieC

Can you give me a hint as to the theme please?
3 of 15  -   Report This Post

anniec

6th June 2010, 20:42
You are right Joker - 9 letters. I do have most of the letters but (as Eric Moreconbe would say!) not in the right order! I am only missing one letter - what I have is ocseiiet Any help you can give gratefully recieved!
4 of 15  -   Report This Post

anniec

6th June 2010, 20:47
Hello Graudian (an anagram of Grauniad?) - the theme is an english poem - think sandalwood and cedarwood and .... (nne of those are the unclued lights)
5 of 15  -   Report This Post

terry

6th June 2010, 20:48
Anniec,
I've no idea what this is about, but.....your letters + s are an anagram of societies (which has a nice french ring to it).
6 of 15  -   Report This Post

helena

6th June 2010, 20:51
societies
7 of 15  -   Report This Post

anniec

6th June 2010, 20:54
Thanks to you both Terry and Helena - societies it is and now that you have given the answer I can even see the wordplay - I can finish the crossword a happy woman!
8 of 15  -   Report This Post

the joker

6th June 2010, 20:55
All I can come up with,and I don't know of what use it is: SOCIETE ANON.-French for an anonymous society or a joint stock company.
Uses most of your letters.
TJ
9 of 15  -   Report This Post

anniec

6th June 2010, 20:58
And thanks as well Joker - if I had done the obvious thing as you suggested and put in all the information I had if woudl have made it a lot easier for everyone else! Because the EV can be a bit tortured I tend not to but I will remember next time! Thanks again
10 of 15  -   Report This Post