CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

cockie

29th April 2017, 17:29
It's unusual to have no posting before Saturday tea-time. I have everything (including endgame) apart from 33. A beautiful puzzle, goodness knows how Nemo constructed it.

33 Dad returned after imbibing one for Wally (8 letters, ending L)

Any ideas?
1 of 73  -   Report This Post

nemo

29th April 2017, 17:38
Periatal? There is a lot of stuff on the interweb about the parietal cortex and "Where's Wally" type games but I can't be bothered to read it.
2 of 73  -   Report This Post

mamya

29th April 2017, 17:42
Parietal

relating to or denoting the wall of the body or of a body cavity or hollow structure.

Pa + Later , back round 'i'
3 of 73  -   Report This Post

cockie

29th April 2017, 18:25
Thanks. As always, these things are obvious once they have become obvious.
4 of 73  -   Report This Post

demeter

29th April 2017, 20:15
I'm really struggling here.

I've solved about 75% of the clues, but I've now ground to a halt.

Could someone give me a hint for B1?

Thanks.
5 of 73  -   Report This Post

meursault

29th April 2017, 21:06
Hello Demeter, I'm an evening starter as well. Seems that quite a lot of the solving depends upon answering enough of the 'Row' clues. I quite like the puzzle format, but disapprove of puzzles with constrictions. I'm almost there, but like yourself, slowed down in the SW corner by B1 and in the NE corner by E2. I think that B1 may be AMATEUR, for lay, but can't explain the UR...
6 of 73  -   Report This Post

meursault

29th April 2017, 21:09
Sometimes it helps to write these things down. I think AMATEUR is correct, aur being cut off aura.
7 of 73  -   Report This Post

demeter

29th April 2017, 21:10
Thanks Meursault.
8 of 73  -   Report This Post

notrab

30th April 2017, 10:38
Finished but a problem with the second letter of 6 which appears to be D to fit the clue but A to fit the phrase?
9 of 73  -   Report This Post

meursault

30th April 2017, 10:44
Hi Notrab, I did exactly the same thing. The answer to 6 goes first to the west, then NE, then NW and W etc. There's no need to have 2 'D's in that corner.

I eventually got E2, I think I was just being slow there, and then the rest followed quite easily. But I'm a little concerned that I have not only lost ME from the top quote, but lost NEMO as well. Nothing in the preamble has prepared me for this, so I'm wondering if I have gone wrong somewhere...
10 of 73  -   Report This Post