CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

cheryl

30th May 2010, 13:47
Take the surname of a great Hollywood director and change the first letter. You now have the surname of which distinguished producer and founder of a Hollywood studio?
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

loobyloo

30th May 2010, 18:50
Please will you stop asking questions from Great Brain Quiz - they are NOT crossword clues. Do the work yourself - much more satisfying don't you think?
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

kemlo

31st May 2010, 00:40
Is Loobyloo the Policeman of this site?
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

loobyloo

31st May 2010, 20:19
no - just a disruntled contestant who is fed up of people asking for answers to questions from GBQ or GFQ when I and no doubt others have found answers by our own efforts - especially when they are asked under the pretext of their being 'crosswords'
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

kemlo

1st June 2010, 00:34
I'm not sure what arriving at the answer by one's own efforts would mean? Is it not consulting any sources?
On the other hand, I did not realize that the queries in question came from a quiz where the participants had been enjoined not to use the internet, or whatever.
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

loobyloo

1st June 2010, 12:01
No, contestants aren't 'banned' from using the internet, using books, or even asking a mate down at the pub. What cheryl and others like her cannot seem to grasp is that, if asking a question from these quizzes on sites like this (despite requests from the organiser) and getting an answer, what do they gain? Anyone 'googling', is also getting the same answer. If a contestant truly cannot find the answer there are sites where only hints are given (the organiser has no objections to that site) or leaving the space blank on the answer sheet.
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

george ii

1st June 2010, 12:11
Why do contestants ask competition questions on here (and other sites)?
As soon as the answer is given, all your opponents get the answer too!

Talk about scoring an own goal.
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

loobyloo

1st June 2010, 13:53
Precisely my point George II. There was even an instance on Able2know where a contestant asked the question, got an answer on another site, and then posted that answer on A2k. Crazy
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

george ii & a half

1st June 2010, 14:32
Dumber than a bag of hammers
9 of 9  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Help!!!