CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

throck

23rd April 2017, 13:51
I'm finding this tricky. I have a full grid, and hence the books and the theme. However, I can only locate four of the theme-words (11, 9, 6 and 5 letters, using 14 of the replacements) even after much grid-staring. I can see a possible 3-letter one, but it would create a non-word intersecting it.
1 of 18  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

23rd April 2017, 19:31
That is further on than I am. I have a full grid after some struggles, the works and have some idea of one thematic name but where to look in the grid is beyond me. I intend leaving it for now and will go back to it tomorrow.
2 of 18  -   Report This Post

bananabean

24th April 2017, 10:23
The other 2 words are both 6 letters long. They may well be the characters, one from each book.
3 of 18  -   Report This Post

throck

24th April 2017, 11:34
Thanks, bananabean - got them now. The silly thing is that I was sure one of them had to be right, but I had the wrong dictionary open and so didn't find the new word formed at the intersection!
4 of 18  -   Report This Post

marca

24th April 2017, 15:51
I can see a 9 and a 6 letter, both from the first book, but despite much grid staring, have ground to a halt. Any help would be appreciated!
5 of 18  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

24th April 2017, 15:57
The 9 is a generic.

The 6 is from the first book.

The one from the other book is not the main character but begins with m.

The other 3 generics are an 11- beginning with W
A 5 beginning with P- it originally began with a c in the gird. It also has another letter changed.

Final one is a 6 beginning with s- this has two letters altered.
6 of 18  -   Report This Post

marca

24th April 2017, 16:04
Thanks dja, I shall look again.
7 of 18  -   Report This Post

marca

24th April 2017, 16:20
Very helpful. Thanks again
8 of 18  -   Report This Post

jackdaw

26th April 2017, 09:06
Desperate to finish this before I go on holiday. Can anyone put me out of my misery.
I have a completed grid and five of the altered entries.
The five I have are a nine letter entry beginning with 's', an eleven letter entry beginning with 'w', two six letter entries, one beginning with 's' and the other with 'm'. A five letter entry beginning with 'p'.
But I cannot see the last entry. A (hefty) nudge would be very much appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.
9 of 18  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

26th April 2017, 10:44
6 letters beginning with A.

He is the scapegoat in the first book
10 of 18  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV1275