CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

orson

22nd April 2017, 22:02
I've finished, although it took a bit of searching to find this "delivery", which I'd never come across before.

I just don't see how 4a works - W(a)its once advanced office (6) - A?ENT?
Agents?
1 of 10  -   Report This Post

sunray

23rd April 2017, 02:04
yes.
Wait is an old word for spy. (Chambers)

I am only half way.
I have 9d, 23d and 29d.
I have googled the answers but have no idea what was delivered.
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

nelson

23rd April 2017, 08:07
What was delivered was empty containers of what was ordered.
3 of 10  -   Report This Post

sunray

23rd April 2017, 16:47
thanks nelson. Got it.
4 of 10  -   Report This Post

cockie

23rd April 2017, 18:32
I have the three shaded columns and the messages from the missing letters, but I'm afraid the various items never impacted on my consciousness (my loss, no doubt). So I have absolutely no idea how to unravel the required conundrum. Does the required highlighting occur in one of the three shows in the message? If not I can't see a way forward.
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

23rd April 2017, 18:35
Look up Two Soups
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

tomsdad

24th April 2017, 10:24
Thanks for that dj. As someone who is not very familiar with 9d's work I would never have recognised 2 non-contiguous entries to search for. Perhaps the preamble should have said they were non-contiguous?
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

malone

24th April 2017, 17:19
Tomsdad, sorry, but I don't really see the need for 'non-contiguous' in the preamble. We're told to highlight the items ordered (one piece of highlighting), the carrier (another highlighting) and what was actually delivered (another highlighting). As these are three separate things, the resulting highlighting seems fine.
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

tomsdad

24th April 2017, 18:49
What I meant was that the first and third items are not contiguous, ie all the letters in a row, horizontal, vertical or diagonal to enable a google search. They are split between two rows. I admit that if it had been "fourc-andles" I would probably have noticed the two ronnies link fairly easily, but as I said I am not as familiar with 9d and would need my hand holding a bit more to identify the split words.
9 of 10  -   Report This Post

malone

24th April 2017, 19:13
Oh, I see what you mean now - sorry! The 'two' at the top and the 'two' at the bottom meant I saw what was needed quite quickly. I don't remember ever seeing the sketch itself, but I'd heard of it.
10 of 10  -   Report This Post