CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

notrab

22nd April 2017, 15:21
Coincidental journey.

Having got 27, 31 and 33 across 15 down fell into place nicely and the rest just flowed (my quickest solution ever). And as it happens I am on my way to Mytholmroyd!!
1 of 10  -   Report This Post

crates

22nd April 2017, 17:17
Sorry notrab - didn't see your one posted. Agree quick solve - but welcome occasionally (would perhaps lose interest if they were all a slog).
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

smithsax

22nd April 2017, 18:56
A walk in the park compared to last week. Sadly I had to Google most of the influencers. One of the very few downsides of a state education perhaps.
3 of 10  -   Report This Post

xij

22nd April 2017, 23:34
Finished this quite quickly, even the thematic ones. Got the three words and the missing name. However, there is only one place I can see where to fit it, but it only makes two new words, with three remaining the same. Is this correct, and what is meant by doubly significant?
4 of 10  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

23rd April 2017, 00:10
yes I think you have the correct placing...
She fits into TWO of the 3 categories that you should have under your grid
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

xij

23rd April 2017, 09:18
Thanks sudokulover, I now see that I had her down twice.
What a delightful puzzle this is, thanks The Tall'n.
I often wonder if English is the only language with so many variations and vagaries to produce crosswords like The Listener. How many Europeans, for example, would understand "Doctor hated curtains"? I dread the day when we have one with text-speak.
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

smellyharry

24th April 2017, 22:22
I enjoyed this, and very rare for me to done by Monday.

Finished the grid, but can't figure out the answer to the ninth thematic clue. I have the associated influencer at 15d. Is it (4,5) and does the first word begin with e?

Thanks
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

smartie

24th April 2017, 22:49
Harry - great moniker btw - the answers to your questions are yes and yes. Hope this helps!
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

smellyharry

24th April 2017, 23:10
Cheers. I set it up after a few too many sherberts one night. I've been trying to figure out how to change it ever since but is has so far eluded me. Does the second word begin with v?
9 of 10  -   Report This Post

smartie

24th April 2017, 23:16
It surely does H - it's an anagram with P for prince. Close your account and start a new one if you don't like the name - but it certainly is memorable ;-)
10 of 10  -   Report This Post