CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

22nd March 2017, 17:32
Hi Les!
I don't recall having seen you around much lately. How have you been?
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

les40

22nd March 2017, 18:44
I've been good, Chris, just busy with work and decorating.
Also, I have a new pleasure, I'm learning how to play bridge and I have a bridge teacher which means lessons and homework reading and practice. I'm really enjoying it but it's mindbending with what you need to learn before even playing a card. I missed the September intake of new students so one of the tutors is giving me private lessons weekly to get me up to speed to join the class in late April.
I still do the Saturday Times 15x15 grid religiously but other cryptics have taken a back seat for now.
I still contact Syzygy weekly and send the Times to a few veteran forum posters, Bob's mum, emrach, gaperon etc.
Still waiting for my back op (seems like forever)
Hopefully going to Portugal next month with some mates.
And that's about it for me Chris, how about you?
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

ginge

22nd March 2017, 18:48
Hi Les, I was a very keen chess player (with a decent ELO rating)) until I found bridge, so I can understand your enthusiasm.
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

chrise

22nd March 2017, 18:49
Nice to hear from you, Les. I used to play a lot of bridge when I was a student, but haven't played much since.

I'm glad that you are still in touch with bob's mum, emrach and gaperon - please give them all my best wishes when next you're in contact.

We've been good. Busy time at the moment - our daughter is getting married on Saturday, and the reception is here!

I hope that your medical issue can be sorted as soon as possible. Have a good time in Portugal. Whereabouts? We stayed in a friend's villa near Armacao de Pera a few times (not far from Albufeira).
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

les40

22nd March 2017, 19:08
I will add a message when I email them on Saturday.
I'm going to Albufeira. Not booked it yet. The lads are on a stag do -Thursday to Sunday so as I don't drink anymore, I'm gonna book Sunday to Sunday and treat it as my summer holiday and join them when they arrive. They'll be on a session but ill be doing the touristy stuff cus I ain't been to Portugal before.
I'm going on my own so it's a bit trickier finding single traveller holidays at an affordable rate.
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

chrise

22nd March 2017, 19:16
If you have a car, it's possible to drive to the "top" of the Algarve - Foia de Monchique. Great views!
6 of 6  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » @les40