CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jolan

16th March 2017, 14:36
Hi old friends.
Just a query from me to people I respect and trust.

My "Sharp PW-E500A" is 'on its last legs' and I'd like to replace it. I know the production is finishes but see one on 'Premium Shopping" (to my surprise). I've been looking at the "Seiko ER6700" and was wondering if I could obtain some advice.

I like the stuff available (and would like to have it) on the Seiko but note there is no cover on it. The screen is a bit small compared to the PW-E500A. I've only seen the ER6700 on line.

Anything else which would fit the bill. I'm going out for an hour but would welcome any advice.

Best regards
John
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

andyc

16th March 2017, 14:42
I see the Sharp model you mention is still available on Amazon!
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

andyc

16th March 2017, 14:43
Ah now showing as unavailable ....sorry.
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

andyc

16th March 2017, 14:54
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seiko-Oxford-Crossword-Solver-Desk-Edition-250000-Database-Anagram-Thesaurus/192119968491?rt=nc&_soffid=5027331803&_soffType=OrderSubTotalOffer&_trksid=p5731.m3795

This page has a more few choices if you scroll to the bottom. I hope this helps.. but I don't have one so can't really recommend anything.
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

jolan

16th March 2017, 15:29
Thanks a million Andyc. Annoyingly, Amazon has been listing the product for many months only to tell one it is not available. Actually Sharp stopped production a few years ago and will not resume. More's the pity. I found it very useful. I MAY try to buy from Premium Shopping (who seem to have one) but IO'll wait and see if anyone here has seen or used the Seiko ER6700. Thank you again.
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

andyc

16th March 2017, 15:31
You are most welcome Jolan sorry I couldn't help more. I hope that everything is settling down for you and it's good to see you on here,
6 of 6  -   Report This Post