CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

strangelybrown

15th March 2017, 22:40
Finished today's crossword but I have the same query for three clues - where's the definition?
30. Approximately 100 in here, misbehaving (6). Answer (I assume and from crossing letters) creche.
6d. Where rooks lose kilos by end of night? (5) Answer (I assume and from crossing letters) roost.
15d. So much tea drunk this gets bedraggled (9). Answer (I assume and from crossing letters) moustache.
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

kirky

15th March 2017, 22:42
I think they are all "& lit " clues where the defn is the whole thing possibly?
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

mattrom

16th March 2017, 00:43
15d Moustache
An anagram of 'so much tea' with 'drunk' as the indicator.
Def. is 'this gets bedraggled'

6d Roost
It looks like the def. is 'where'

30 is as kirky says, an &lit clue
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

strangelybrown

16th March 2017, 07:56
Thank you mattrom but still puzzled. How is "this gets bedraggled" a definition of a moustache? There are a million and one things that might get bedraggled. Is "where" a synonym of roost?
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

rossim

16th March 2017, 08:46
30 c= circa and c= 100. Both anagrammed with here.
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

strangelybrown

16th March 2017, 13:32
Thanks rossim, I can construct the answers no problem, I just can't see any definitions. In the case of this clue, I think you're meant to guess that a place where 100 people might misbehave means creche, which is pretty weak. I can think of loads of places where 100 people might misbehave, and equally I don't have a problem imagining a creche where there's no misbehaviour.
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

andyc

16th March 2017, 14:04
I think that you may have missed "?" from the end of the clue.....it's a bit of fun......children as we know misbehave (the 100 is just for the "c" used in the solution.)
7 of 7  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » DM 15492