CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mac

27th May 2010, 11:57
Quite so AJT, thank goodness for Google. It really is a bit much to be expected to remember the details of minor sporting events from nearly half a century ago.
25 of 33  -   Report This Post

silly boy

27th May 2010, 12:03
I love 'minor sporting events' .... lol lol
26 of 33  -   Report This Post

ajt

27th May 2010, 12:12
Hey, Mac - I never knew any of them in 1966, but, as you remark, thanks to Google, I'm getting there.
27 of 33  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

27th May 2010, 13:42
AJT - I am one of the "disinterested females of a certain age" but I could recall many of the names required for today's spectator - I googled the rest!
No wonder you didn't have a clue what I was talking about re:36a & 43a!! - was 1943 as easy a puzzle? Have you finished now? I am in & out all day checking on my workmen and brewing up for them!!
28 of 33  -   Report This Post

ajt

27th May 2010, 15:00
Hi Sudokulover - Sorry for delay in replying - I had to go out for a couple of hours. Yes, Thank you, I finished it before I went out - googling, of course - I remembered the names when I read them, but I couldn't have pulled them out of a hat. I don't know what happened about the other xword - I downloaded it in the usual way, early this morning, and made no connection with the number. I had tried at midnight last night, and the one that was there was the previous one. Presumably other people must have done the same thing. The one that I had first was easy, another by "Doc". Thank you - I'll be more careful next time!
29 of 33  -   Report This Post

les

27th May 2010, 17:51
Help please! 14A Edible tuber from final parts of sago (3)
Pretty sure I have the answer (definition Edible tuber) and don't want to give it away, but I just can't see the wordplay.
30 of 33  -   Report This Post

silly boy

27th May 2010, 17:59
Think of a name of a pudding and use the last three letters ! lol
31 of 33  -   Report This Post

les

27th May 2010, 18:06
Aha! Thank you Silly boy. I didn't realise the puddings were synonymous.
Les
32 of 33  -   Report This Post

mac

27th May 2010, 18:08
I would have thought 13D would have pointed you in the right direction Les.
33 of 33  -   Report This Post