CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

silverwax

25th May 2010, 18:46
6dn looks like 'Field' as a dd. Though it could easily be something else.

This was the only one to have caused a problem.

Agreed that the surface for 5dn is clever.
7 of 15  -   Report This Post

philip

25th May 2010, 19:03
Silverwax

Thanks for that. Here was I thinking there were no horrendous clues this week until you gave me the answer to this one. Really obscure, bearing in mind all the options the compiler had.

PHILIP
8 of 15  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

25th May 2010, 19:12
Philip,

I have field too and it seems that I've mixed up 5d and 6d - for which I apologise. I liked 21a too!

Regards,

Caravaggio
9 of 15  -   Report This Post

butterfly

27th May 2010, 00:25
Thanks for 6d as I was stuck on that one too - fairly easy this week apart from that one but why Field?
10 of 15  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

27th May 2010, 07:02
The answer field is used in the context of a verb - deal with - and as a noun - all the participants.
11 of 15  -   Report This Post

flipper2law

27th May 2010, 14:19
I managed some of the anagrams and 8,11 and 20 across, but then 'stuck' this week. Smiling, I say
3 down and 14across would help this crossword doer.
I'll give HARARE in exchange??
Thank you in anticipation.
12 of 15  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

27th May 2010, 14:29
Your first answer comprises a six-letter synonym for 'bottom' and then the next two words are derived from an anagram of 'sees tench'. The second answer is an anagram 'her Italian story'.

If you've never used the Universal Anagram Solver site, now's your chance because I stumbled on it by accident. Now it's bookmarked and I can't do without it!
13 of 15  -   Report This Post

flipper2law

27th May 2010, 16:48
Hi Caravaggio,
IF I had been an old painter instead of an older reader of Shakespeare I would have known that bottom (with a small 'b')and backside were synonymous. I did have behind at the start.There is no way I would have found the
specific chef without that help, even though I knew of him.
Thanks for the help. I can continue now and expect (hope?) to finish.
14 of 15  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

27th May 2010, 17:15
You're welcome. I think you'll finish it without too much trouble.
15 of 15  -   Report This Post