CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » EV

cockie

20th February 2017, 19:27
Done the middle without too much difficulty, but can't get a handle on the endgame. I think I've found DORADO (a constellation, and therefore - just about - "lights") but I may be seeing a pattern which isn't there. The extra words don't suggest much apart from DORADO. Oh dear.
1 of 36  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

21st February 2017, 13:33
^^ Anyone help ?
2 of 36  -   Report This Post

eaglet

21st February 2017, 15:03
I have EL DORADO (senility = ELD mouths = ORA and party = DO).

Completely in the dark as to whether the missing lights are supposed to be thematic.

Presumably Iowa = IA and Belize = BH. Grandfatherly could be AVAL

Wing could be EL or ALA. Against (CON or ANTI) and being (ENS or ESSE) seem to be extra words.

I can't make out any words from any of these.
3 of 36  -   Report This Post

manic mary

21st February 2017, 15:04
Yes please, anybody, help, am floundering just getting the clues, let alone the end-game.
4 of 36  -   Report This Post

cockie

21st February 2017, 15:58
AVAL+ON and ELD+ORA+DO would imply that the missing things are all fictional, or unobtainable, places. PA+I+ gets me nowhere though. More googling needed.
5 of 36  -   Report This Post

throck

21st February 2017, 17:35
LYONESSE will fit at top left, but I can't justify it from the cryptic indications (need a 'sounds like' to go with mammal).
6 of 36  -   Report This Post

throck

21st February 2017, 17:38
Oh, and if the entries are not all in the same direction ATLANTIS fits down the left and just round the corner.
7 of 36  -   Report This Post

throck

21st February 2017, 17:43
Do the cryptic representations have to be the omitted words in order? If not, HERALD MAMMAL BEING could be L(I/Y)ON ESSE.
8 of 36  -   Report This Post

throck

21st February 2017, 17:45
Ah, TEACHERS OBJECTORS = ATL ANTIS.

Apologies for stream-of-consciousness.
9 of 36  -   Report This Post

throck

21st February 2017, 17:56
The monkey you are looking for, cockie, is a TITI.
10 of 36  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV