CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

shellraine

19th February 2017, 11:51
Is no one else struggling with this? I have most of grid filled in and 11 of the 15 names but completely at a loss now. Have a feeling about the 'group' but cannot link them together even with Google. Don't understand the XY bit at all. Help please.
1 of 53  -   Report This Post

shellraine

19th February 2017, 12:47
Ah- sussed it finally. Phew. Didn't get all the 8 letters though.
2 of 53  -   Report This Post

nelson

19th February 2017, 13:34
I'm still struggling. I have 3 names, but lots of gaps in the grid - and no idea about XY. I have the extra letters as spelling INITIALS. Is this right?
3 of 53  -   Report This Post

jogamel

19th February 2017, 13:51
Hello everyone. You seem to be much further on than I am. Please tell me what the hints are all about.
And I urgently need help with 1d: translation of Norse studies about society contemptibility. (I have 1a so realise there will be extra letters)
Also 35a: squeeze nurse next to data processing station.
4 of 53  -   Report This Post

nelson

19th February 2017, 13:53
jogamel, i'm in the same boat.
5 of 53  -   Report This Post

shellraine

19th February 2017, 13:55
That is possible (I didn't find all of them but those I have agree with yours) though not sure it helps. It wasn't until I finished that I worked out that supposed hints referred to the first names of the 15 people.
Not sure that is very helpful, Nelson. Am happy to supply hints if required. From my own initial thought processes I can tell you they are not cricketers, rugby players or cyclists.
6 of 53  -   Report This Post

shellraine

19th February 2017, 13:58
Hi Jogamel. Covered hints in previous. 1d is Dustiness - anagram of N studies S. The D and U both go in cell 1! As you have 1a the two together is very helpful
7 of 53  -   Report This Post

nelson

19th February 2017, 13:58
Thanks Shellraine. Do they all begin with the same nickname?
8 of 53  -   Report This Post

muraria

19th February 2017, 13:59
Hi Jogamel

Once you get the four or more letters in a couple or three cells you should get the theme and the colour. They're composites from crossing answers and give you one half of a name (the surname), with the hints relating to the corresponding forename. Hope that helps.
9 of 53  -   Report This Post

shellraine

19th February 2017, 14:00
Forgot to say X and Y refer to sex but again didn't really help as only able to work out after completing grid.
10 of 53  -   Report This Post