CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ffannie

6th February 2017, 06:46
I have started this to indicate to The Guardian that the name of the compiler is missing from the print version. This may interest only those who never enter their solutions. Others may never print the grid.

Happy solving!
1 of 36  -   Report This Post

buzzybee

6th February 2017, 07:32
And I am not happy with this puzzle. Several of the clues that require pairing before entry in the diagram contain no definition to the original solution as far as I can tell; if that is intentional, it should be spelt out.
2 of 36  -   Report This Post

germy

6th February 2017, 11:45
I think only 5 across is lacking a definition as you suggest. All the rest do have definitions of the word to be paired.
3 of 36  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

6th February 2017, 15:57
All done apart from 2dn, only two names fit and neither means anything to me (apart from an actor). A hint please?
4 of 36  -   Report This Post

ixion

6th February 2017, 17:06
Comedian pair of the one from the wordplay....google your actor + and
5 of 36  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

6th February 2017, 17:51
Thanks Ixion, never heard of them. I seem to have lost a decade or two along the way!
6 of 36  -   Report This Post

puzzledpom

6th February 2017, 18:12
Mainly straightforward until my final three.

I assume my answer for 16d is the usual crossword "bush", but for the life of me I can't connect it to the rest of the clue.

7d and 20d I think are both paired answers, but despite having all possible letters from other answers, I'm stumped. I have C*O*L*E* and *N*E*S

Any hints very welcome.

Thanks
7 of 36  -   Report This Post

micky666

6th February 2017, 18:29
Day 1, only a month left to submit answers!!
8 of 36  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

6th February 2017, 19:09
Puzzledpom, your "o" in 7dn is wrong.
Your letters in 20dn are correct, try putting a comma in the clue.
16dn - don't know what you mean by "usual bush".
9 of 36  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

6th February 2017, 19:21
Micky666, sorry but, like many others, I never submit, only do them for fun and if I haven't completed in the first couple of days, it goes in the recycle pile. Plus, the clue is in the name of this website. Why are you here if you don't want to give or receive help? I have been here for many years and I am careful about what I ask and what I give but, way back, if someone who is no longer with us (K) had not helped me and explained clues I would not now be doing and enjoying and helping others with the more advanced crosswords.
10 of 36  -   Report This Post