CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

12th January 2017, 13:20
The PR thread and chiaro's word lists seem to have disappeared! Norah?
1 of 12  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

12th January 2017, 13:34
It has disappeared, Chris, because I am a complete idiot.

Instead of just deleting a surplus thread, I clicked Ban Ip instead. I am so used to clicking Ban Ip when I go into that particular screen because of the kitchens. My brain just went into auto and the milli-second after I clicked it, I knew I had made a major boo boo. My ex-Convent Headmistress, Sister Pauline, would NOT have approved the language I used.

I will try and Unban Chiaroscuro as soon as possible. I emailed him straightaway and he was very polite in his reply!
2 of 12  -   Report This Post

chrise

12th January 2017, 13:36
Thanks for the explanation, Norah. I will have to try to remember my clues!
3 of 12  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

12th January 2017, 14:11
Thanks for your email, 99.99990% right isn't too bad.

Hopefully Chiaro has been unbanned and he should be posting again soon.

Again, many apologies all round

4 of 12  -   Report This Post

paul

12th January 2017, 14:11
Hi Norah; weirdly enough I managed to post in the thread late than Chris posted this one! Any ideas on timing?
5 of 12  -   Report This Post

chiaroscuro

12th January 2017, 14:12
Norah, thank you, I am now unbanned. It would seem that not only the answers list but the competition as well has been deleted. I'll just have to post a fresh thread for Peer review.
6 of 12  -   Report This Post

rossim

12th January 2017, 14:17
@ Norah
No problem, I wrote mine down.......somewhere!

Would it not be a good idea to get rid of all the previous lists of PR and CL words to be clues as they are no longer of any use once they have been updated? It would also declutter the forum.
7 of 12  -   Report This Post

paul

12th January 2017, 14:20
Badly sick, then produces spam? (8)
8 of 12  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

12th January 2017, 14:24
Thank goodness you are back Chiaro, I can now breathe a sigh of relief.

Unfortunately, when I delete an IP all the posts by that user disappear from the Forum, hence the reason for the competition disappearing.

As regards deleting past lists, I think it would be too onerous to go through the Forum BUT in future if someone would like to send me an email each time a thread is surplus to requirements, then I can delete it straightaway (hopefully without banning anyone!!)

Again many apologies
9 of 12  -   Report This Post

chiaroscuro

12th January 2017, 14:25
I've reposted PR 264 and hopefully contributors will re-enter their clues.
10 of 12  -   Report This Post