CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sue

12th February 2009, 18:26
Short clue: Tale
Answer: Label (as confirmed in the Mail's answers)
Although I can see how the answer would fit the cryptic clue I have been unable to find an explanation for the short clue.
1 of 5  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

12th February 2009, 22:21
Hi Sue. As no-one had responded to your post, I thought that I might come to the aid of a damsel in distress and have used three different dictionaries - one of which was Chambers - and, like you, cannot understand why 'label' would be the answer to 'tale'. I have also used Roget's Thesaurus and, under 'label' there is no reference to 'tale'. It will be interesting to see whether anyone else posts a response as I am as bemused as you are. Best wishes, Caravaggio.
2 of 5  -   Report This Post

ralph

12th February 2009, 22:29
I came up similarly empty-handed. Are we all agreed this is just a pants clue and best forgotten forthwith?
3 of 5  -   Report This Post

trevor

12th February 2009, 22:30
I am as bemused as Caravaggio on this one. Maybe the clue is a misprint, (should have read "tab" or "tag")?
4 of 5  -   Report This Post

royston bowden

13th February 2009, 06:17
Dear All,

I thought I had lost it when I could not work this one out but I see we have a s*** compiler instead.

Regards

Royston
5 of 5  -   Report This Post