CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

stevea6000

31st December 2016, 15:05
Have we seen this crossword before? Just started it, and recognise clues and answers. Or am i imagining it?
1 of 15  -   Report This Post

lizzieb582

31st December 2016, 17:08
Yes we have and I am not happy. Was looking forward to this_ only reason each week for buying DM. (I know it is sad) but as soon as I saw the first clue it was clear it is the same crossword as two weeks ago.
2 of 15  -   Report This Post

yellingleek

31st December 2016, 18:40
Yes I too am very miffed and have emailed a complaint to the editor. If I had known I would not have wasted my £1.00. Recognised the first clue straight away

Yellingleek
3 of 15  -   Report This Post

stevea6000

31st December 2016, 19:49
That makes two of us who emailed. Annoying!
4 of 15  -   Report This Post

chriscos

1st January 2017, 10:58
I joined this forum just to check if anyone else had reported on the fact this crossword is a repeat of two weeks ago. I too get the DM on Saturday for the crossword. I was so disappointed.
5 of 15  -   Report This Post

oxy

1st January 2017, 12:32
Spoilt my regular hour on a saturday morning! Still, at least the old memory is working. The very first clue toild me I had seen before just a couple of weeks ago. The crossword is the only reason I buy this crap newspaper
6 of 15  -   Report This Post

stevea6000

1st January 2017, 13:17
And I've just noticed that the bottom half of the page gives the answers to the Xmas crossword that they should have published 2 weeks ago.

Plus, I couldn't leave a crossword grid empty, so I've done the ruddy thing again!
7 of 15  -   Report This Post

jules62

1st January 2017, 13:48
Same here. I only buy paper for the crossword. Very disappointed to have wasted my pound....
8 of 15  -   Report This Post

rossim

1st January 2017, 14:04
I can't work out which crossword you're referring to so think I must have a later edition. I have the New Year puzzles bonanza.

I only buy the paper on a Saturday as I like the TV guide and the other puzzles in that supplement. I find that's worth my £1.
9 of 15  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

1st January 2017, 14:17
@rossim I buy the Saturday edition as their TV and radio guide is good. I often do the giant cryptic, but not every week.
Here is the first clue, to check with your edition
1a Tree homes are silly (3,3,5)
10 of 15  -   Report This Post