CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jolene

18th May 2010, 17:58
caddy
10 of 18  -   Report This Post

philip

18th May 2010, 18:07
Evening all.

Just finished and believe it or not, I was stuck on a couple of the same clues as Thicky. Fortunately, I got them before I logged on.
I agree with Caravaggio that 7d was not a very good answer, let alone a clue.
For those who dont get the RT it was
Could be mistaken during revolution of country (12)

Heres a clue - its a country you have probably never even heard of
PHILIP

11 of 18  -   Report This Post

philip

18th May 2010, 18:08
Just checked AB and find that the first request for answers was at 9.58 this morning. Not much effort there!
PHILIP
12 of 18  -   Report This Post

old gal

19th May 2010, 13:10
Philip - I too am stuck on 7d but please dont tell me the answer - I like to do some work. Can you at least give me which continent this country is on so I have something to work on.

thanks in advance!
13 of 18  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

19th May 2010, 13:54
Just finished and didn't even look at this thread until it was done. Strangely enough, 7D was the first clue I solved.

For old gal: the republic in question is in the former Russian territory in Central Asia and its flag looks like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Flag_of_Turkmenistan.svg/125px-Flag_of_Turkmenistan.svg.png" />

Hope that helps.
14 of 18  -   Report This Post

kemlo

19th May 2010, 16:38
I am very impressed with the crossword-solving and flag-reproduction of John (from Arran) but am no nearer solving this country..are there any available letters?
15 of 18  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

19th May 2010, 17:53
Hi Kemlo,

The country is an anagram of the word mistaken and turn - a synonym for revolution. If you've never used the Universal Anagram Solver site, now's your chance...

Regards,

Caravaggio
16 of 18  -   Report This Post

old gal

19th May 2010, 18:10
Thanks to John and Carravagio!!! I too was a bit mystified by the flag but will get my pencil and paper out for the anagram. Nice to see you still going strong, guys!!!!
17 of 18  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

19th May 2010, 19:08
Thank you, Old Gal. I'm pleased that you're still with us.
18 of 18  -   Report This Post