CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

duckb

29th December 2016, 14:27
Sure I'd finished after yesterday's forum foray .... but no! Still can't seem to get 1dn "Person not accepting gold first thing". I've got ?B?E?U?O.100% sure of the B, nearly certain of E and pretty confident about U .... but not really sure about the final O (which derives from putting GOODIES for the answer to "TV series seen at Christmas". Please can someone put me out of my misery?!!
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

stevie gee

29th December 2016, 14:30
objector?
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

malone

29th December 2016, 14:31
I've got an answer where your 'u' and 'o' don't work! The definition is 'person not accepting' and we have a usual crossword word for 'gold' after a word for 'thing'.

3 of 6  -   Report This Post

malone

29th December 2016, 14:32
Duckb, I was avoiding giving the answer - but only because I thought solvers usually wanted only hints.
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

zozozo

29th December 2016, 14:42
The tv series is something else associated with christmas - beginning with c rather than g
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

duckb

29th December 2016, 14:53
Thanks, Malone. I guess that leaves me with STRAIGHT for 17a and CRACKER for 23a. Looks like I don't watch enough TV at Christmas: probably too busy playing the organ here and there!

Anyway, belated good wishes to all.
6 of 6  -   Report This Post