CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

15th November 2016, 16:10
I've really found this difficult this week, and I'm still missing most of the SW.

21a Turn up with seven stars? (6)

"Seven stars" suggests a well-known constellation, but I'm less than convinced by the rest - is it the answer?
1 of 16  -   Report This Post

ab

15th November 2016, 16:13
If one turns up soil one uses this group of seven stars?
2 of 16  -   Report This Post

chrise

15th November 2016, 16:14
thanks ab
3 of 16  -   Report This Post

mondrian

16th November 2016, 14:47
I am really stuck on that same corner as you chrise. Thanks ab for hint about 21A. Anyone gor good hints for 15A Crowd hiding a rook from collector (7). So for I have 2nd last letter as E.
4 of 16  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

16th November 2016, 14:51
hello Mondrian
someone who collects many things
5 of 16  -   Report This Post

chrise

16th November 2016, 14:52
Hi mondrian
Read it as "Crowd hiding A"; the "rook" comes after. Collector is the definition.
6 of 16  -   Report This Post

mondrian

16th November 2016, 15:35
Thanks chrise and jazzgirl. Finished now with much help. How is your garden jazzgirl?
7 of 16  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

16th November 2016, 15:48
hi Mondrian
The lawns are covered with mounds of fallen leaves which I am raking from now until the end of November. Plenty of sparrows, a few ring-necked parakeets, a pair of lovely Jays were amongst today's visitors, along with a neighbourhood cat who likes to chase rhe rake . How is your garden ?
8 of 16  -   Report This Post

mondrian

17th November 2016, 10:31
Hi jazzgirl. That is a nice description of your garden. I have heard about tropical birds living in the wild in the south. Nothing like that here. I have been planting thngs to encourage bees and butterflies. Am told I should get some nettles!
9 of 16  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

17th November 2016, 10:51
Good Morning Mondrian
I have just gone online to chat with my Aussie cousin and looked in on the RT posts. Yes, there are thousands of the parakeets in this area. In fact, so many that they are now classed as pests and I think a bit of culling has been going on. I have nettles (hidden behind the Leylandii hedge) which I leave for the insects. Dock leaves nearby, of course ! I am just off for my second leaf-raking session of today. It will be blustery and heavy rain later. Have a good day . jg
10 of 16  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 47