CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mandyrob0704

12th November 2016, 16:50
Managed to complete the grid but now struggling with the end game. Applying the x and y to the words doesn't make real words so now wondering if there is something I'm missing about the similarity between the unglued entries or their position in the grid. Would appreciate a hint!
1 of 15  -   Report This Post

kirky

12th November 2016, 16:56
I got the 4 unclued entries by filling in the corrected misprint letters in the blank cells......but don't know what to do with them now ...i.e changing them. Don't know what to write under the grid either?
2 of 15  -   Report This Post

meursault

12th November 2016, 17:32
Make sure you have the correct words for X and Y. To begin with I thought, "cut" and "back". But there's more to it than that. X and Y together are a well known agricultural term (separately they are both terms you'd encounter in processing digital photographs - though totally unrelated to the puzzle). It is the action of X and Y which is to be applied to the unclued entries, and in this case happens to be in counterclockwise sequence. If still unsure, just play around for a while with the letters of each unclued entry - what alternatives are there ?
3 of 15  -   Report This Post

meursault

12th November 2016, 17:43
Excuse the muddle, the changes to the unclued entries are applied in a clockwise direction...
4 of 15  -   Report This Post

kirky

12th November 2016, 18:04
Thanks for that help Meursault..... 4 unclueds altered and 2 word phrase written under grid now.
5 of 15  -   Report This Post

bunty

12th November 2016, 18:08
I'm almost there but am missing a letter for the unclued in the SW corner. I thought it was a G from 29a ( other letter coming from 19d?) but letters don't make sense??
6 of 15  -   Report This Post

unclued

12th November 2016, 18:43
Bounty - I have W from 19dn - wit.
7 of 15  -   Report This Post

bunty

12th November 2016, 18:45
Yes I have the W ... it's the other letter I need .... G doesn't make sense ??
8 of 15  -   Report This Post

unclued

12th November 2016, 18:46
Gallow is a word.
9 of 15  -   Report This Post

bunty

12th November 2016, 18:52
That's what i had , but I thought each unclued had to be an " X"..... the other 3 are?
10 of 15  -   Report This Post