CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ajt

13th May 2010, 08:32
How goes it?
1 of 27  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

13th May 2010, 09:45
Not very well - I have the top left hand corner almost complete and very little else. How about you? I thought 19d was diceratops but it doesn't fit with 35a (anagram)???
2 of 27  -   Report This Post

ajt

13th May 2010, 09:50
Hello Sudokulover - I started the thread as I finished it. Yes, 19 d is an anagram. If it means anything, I didn't get the theme until I'd finished all of the clues, so I look forward to hearing how you fare.
PS I got up very early!
3 of 27  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

13th May 2010, 10:33
About half way now but have to go out soon so I'll come back to it later. 7d is puzzling me - I am trying to make an anagram of H + liaisn (leaving out the o)but getting nowhere??
4 of 27  -   Report This Post

ajt

13th May 2010, 11:03
Srry for the delay - aay from the PC. 7d isn't an anagram, TYou need another word for liaison(5 letters) subtract the o, then two letters for goddess.
5 of 27  -   Report This Post

xwordman

13th May 2010, 11:05
Good morning sudokulover and AJT. Can anyone help me with:
6d rejects old status in commotion surrounding college (8) ?R?C????
36a guys behind Canadian channel restricting catty swearers (10,hyphened) ??????R?B?
Many thanks for any help
33a raised in status, unionist talked boastfully(7) ???A???
6 of 27  -   Report This Post

ajt

13th May 2010, 11:21
Hello xwordman - 6d - You r is wrong - should be u.It's an old word for rejects, but quite logical.
33ac is quite straightforward -the whole word means raised in status; 1 letter for unionist.
36a is one of the theme words; I don't get the wordplay at all, I'm afraid - just got the word by getting several of the letters. This doesn't read as much help, but good luck!
7 of 27  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

13th May 2010, 12:15
Back again AJT and all finished!!! My sunday school days paid off!! Can you explain the wordplay in 34a please? I see the denial bit but not the hush bit??
Also don't see the pen ace columns in 15d??

Overall - quite liked this one - the misprint letters were easier to spot this time (last one with misprints in took me ages to work out which WERE the misprinted or extra letters)
8 of 27  -   Report This Post

simong

13th May 2010, 12:20
Hi AJT - hope all is well with you... Not surprised to see that you've already completed this - congratulations anyway!

I hope I did thank you for providing the link to these crosswords? If not, apologies for the omission and belated thanks... I did have a feeble attempt at last week's but with precious little success so will be interested in seeing the solution when it becomes available...

I will also have a go at this new one, but more out of a misplaced sense of optimism than one of expectation...
9 of 27  -   Report This Post

ajt

13th May 2010, 12:33
Sudokulover I feel like saying "May I call you Sudo?" It was a good xword, wasn't it? - quite straightforward, no erasing, except that I thought some of the wordplay was obscure - witness 36 ac. 34 ac. hush is st, in nay.
and 15 d - a for ace, in ante - a previous paymanet.

Hello SimonG - Persevere with this one and add another string to your bow - whatever that means. As I've just remarked, this is quite easy
10 of 27  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Spectator