CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

anniec

15th May 2010, 21:23
Hello Jon - I have sedent for 39a. It fits the definition and I have den for haunt and apparently sept is a division of a clan which I only discovered goggling back from the answer. I am guessing conchi is the answer to 10a but haven't worked out why. And what do you mean - this sort of thing!!??!! Laura, toalisi and I are perfectly normal people (I think!) Hope you join us lol
21 of 25  -   Report This Post

laura

15th May 2010, 21:38
Hi jon.nice for you to join us in the underworld of the ev. My answers correspond with annies'. I also have sedent for 39ac. I'm sure I'll be picking someones brains again tomorow.
22 of 25  -   Report This Post

jon

16th May 2010, 00:05
Hi Anniec and Laura ! Thanks for your help-also it's nice to know there's others out there undergoing similar problems solving EV's . This week I'm still puzzled - I have the author as Sylvia Townsend Warner,but then can only guess the 6 unclued words as cowherd keel mentioners lintel throb and marne which I've done some searches on and come up with nothing so presume I'm way off mark ! Do you do this every week ? And how would I find it again { I'm a bit of a computer novice }
23 of 25  -   Report This Post

anniec

16th May 2010, 17:55
Hello Jon - the unclued letters are all anagrams of soups (minestrone, broth, leek etc) - as per the quote "The soup is chaos"
Laura and I have sporadically posted EV queries and toalisi has just joined in. There isn't a way to search on the site (at lest not that I know!) Just look for a thread with EV in the name - and feel free to post one yourself if you want a clue and think any of us can help. I found ev 915 not too bad but I'm stuck on 23a)! Cheers
24 of 25  -   Report This Post

jon

17th May 2010, 11:08
Hi Anniec ! Thanks for your info-hopefully will be able to track you down in future ! If you haven't got there yet , the answer to 23ac is the bottom line-Mr Micawber's guiding principle in life. Now to try and work out the extra bits which is always where I struggle-big lack of imagination !
25 of 25  -   Report This Post