CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

anniec

13th May 2010, 22:14
Hi Laura - no, I have not got much further though have completed most of the grid. The first part I have for the quote is F I * * N N * * U E which doesn't seem to make much sense! I am confident of the F and I and can't see alternatives for the two Ns - but if you have some I'd welcome them. If we could find one whole word that might help with the quote! lol
11 of 25  -   Report This Post

laura

13th May 2010, 22:25
Most of my grid is filled in as well, it makes it more annoying to be so close. I was unsure about it begining with an F or N. My start is N I??ENT. I'm lost!
12 of 25  -   Report This Post

laura

14th May 2010, 19:38
Just a note for annie. I've finally solved this thank goodness!! If you are still working through it, the first word of the quotation is 'fish'. I'm ready for Sunday now.
13 of 25  -   Report This Post

anniec

14th May 2010, 20:12
Hello Laura - I believe I have now founbd the quote - "Fish, entrees, joints apple as dessert"? but I am struggling to fit in the extra letters to what are clearly the grid entries! If you confirm the quote is right then I'll give up and wait till Sunday for the next round - I think I am a lightweight in a heavyweight fight with this puzzle! lol
14 of 25  -   Report This Post

laura

14th May 2010, 21:15
You're spot on with the quote. I find uncluded words a bit obscure but I guess that's the joy of the puzzle. I thnk we are learning together as we go along.haha. Bring on Sunday.
15 of 25  -   Report This Post

toalisi

14th May 2010, 22:03
Can anyone please explain the wordplay in
12a -former leader
5d -harangue
thanks.
16 of 25  -   Report This Post

laura

14th May 2010, 22:48
I'd love to help, but I have struggled with some of the word play this week. I've solved it through elimnation more that anything else.
17 of 25  -   Report This Post

anniec

15th May 2010, 12:35
Hi toalisi - my take on the former leader is nar(k) for the agent with Hess for the noted prisoner - H the extra letter. And have just discovered that irade is a written edict of a Muslim leader which gives TD as the Irish parliamentarian, D being the extra letter.
18 of 25  -   Report This Post

toalisi

15th May 2010, 12:51
Many thanks Annie for two great answers.
19 of 25  -   Report This Post

jon

15th May 2010, 20:29
Wish I'd seen this before-didn't realise this sort of thing went on ! Have had a big struggle this week and appear to be in the same postion as most of you have been-most of grid filled but totally bamboozled by a couple of clues.If anyones still reading this can I have some help/explanation of 10 ac and 39 ac PLEASE !
20 of 25  -   Report This Post