CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

laura

11th May 2010, 17:05
I'm really struggling to get to grips with this weeks enigmatic variations, and just wondered if anybody would be able to give me some hints as to the extra letters to find the quotations are coming from.
Many thanks.
1 of 25  -   Report This Post

kemlo

11th May 2010, 17:21
Does this request identify the Crossword or even the Newspaper? I'm not over familiar with this site but I didn't recognise the information.
2 of 25  -   Report This Post

big dave

11th May 2010, 18:30
If you don't know the puzzle then it is unlikely you can help. It's a barred grid crossword in the Sunday Telegraph.

This "rival" thread may be of use.

http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Quizzes-and-Puzzles/Crosswords/Question893168.html
3 of 25  -   Report This Post

laura

11th May 2010, 19:34
Many thanks big dave. I can't pick up any hints from answerbank this week, so I'm stumped. They're all too intelligent for me I think. And sorry for not included more details, but as dave said, you need the puzzle in front of you.
4 of 25  -   Report This Post

anniec

11th May 2010, 19:52
Hello Laura - I am struggling with this one too. The authors name seems to end "rter" but I cannot make sense of the two clues which preced it to give a name - so I haven't found the quotation either! I think the extra letters for 27 onwards are "rints" but suspect you may have these already. I beleive I have a few more but not enough to make sense - so if you can help I'd be glad to see it! lol
5 of 25  -   Report This Post

laura

11th May 2010, 21:34
Hi again annie. I think you have got furher than me again this week. I'm struggling to pick up any letters at all. Without me sounting silly, may I ask if they are misprinted letters or if they Are extra lettes within the clue? Many thanks, again!
6 of 25  -   Report This Post

anniec

11th May 2010, 22:03
Hi Laura - as far as I can see all additional letters in the subisiary part of the clues - so for 34d it is b-list as the answer and the extra letter is r (from blister as irritating person) I have about half of them but no nearer the author or the quote!
7 of 25  -   Report This Post

xwordman

11th May 2010, 23:46
I am new to EV too. Managed last week's but haven't really got a clue this week!! Got 36a Annie Hall (anagram)leaving extra letter T. We must persevere!!
8 of 25  -   Report This Post

laura

13th May 2010, 21:34
Hi. I just wondered if anyone had got any closer to finding the author or quote for the ev 914. I'm sure it is staring me in the face but I just can't quite get there.many thanks.
9 of 25  -   Report This Post

laura

13th May 2010, 21:34
Hi. I just wondered if anyone had got any closer to finding the author or quote for the ev 914. I'm sure it is staring me in the face but I just can't quite get there.many thanks.
10 of 25  -   Report This Post