CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

teenieleek

14th October 2016, 19:39
Mixed doubles attracted my attention because of the length of the thread. Having looked in I was sympathetic, amused and can see both sides of this one. I have never done this quiz but I used to do the McMillan one that came from a pub (King's Head?) in Stamford (I only remember this because my son was living in Stamford at the time). My recollection is that you had to pay the £2 (or your choice) before you got sight of the quiz. If Rainbow did this would the problem not be solved? Then it wouldn't matter how many hints were asked for because everyone had already contributed. I don't think the prize is relevant because any one person's chance of winning, even with all the correct answers, must be minimal. I never send anything in, crosswords or quizzes, I do them for fun. However, with those 100 clue quizzes the last few, that I've spent hours/days on, drive me nuts and I want the answers before I chuck it in the recycle pile! So yes, I would ask (if I dared) because in three months time when it is deemed acceptable to ask, mine will long since have been pulped.

1 of 5  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

14th October 2016, 19:49
P.S. This was meant to end with "what do you think?" but that seems to gave slipped off the end.
2 of 5  -   Report This Post

mamya

14th October 2016, 20:32
Hi Teenie , I don't think it makes a difference whether you pay up front or not.

I partake in 20 to 30 quizzes a month, most I pay with the previous quiz.

The trouble with this one is, as it is often asked so very early - sales dry up once a thread gains momentum.

I don't think there's a solution really.

I know I've lost a few friends over this and should keep quiet but hey am good at giving advice and not too hot at taking it.

I wish everyone good luck with their entry.

3 of 5  -   Report This Post

malone

15th October 2016, 20:37
Teenieleek, I forgot to reply before now - sorry!

I can sympathise with being stuck on the last few of a crossword or puzzle. I know three months is a long time to wait to see the answers, but that's the format of the Rainbow Quizzes.

I just find it baffling (and rather sad) that some people won't send in their entries - and, more importantly, their donations - until they've had help. The charity organisers, for whatever reason, don't ask for the money/cost to enter first. Some people justify asking for clues, hints, more hints by saying that they are Helping The Charity, Raising More Money For A Good Cause. This is only true if they are people who wouldn't send in a donation unless they have all the answers.
4 of 5  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

16th October 2016, 09:01
Thanks for replying. I think Mamya is right, there is no solution to this one.
5 of 5  -   Report This Post