CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jogamel

1st October 2016, 21:11
Stuck for one letter today. 42d (4) literal precursor of sin overturned in church services. (One of these words is jumbled I assume according to all other down clues). I have three of the four letters, namely R E S and think the fourth is P but do not know why. Anyone help?
1 of 15  -   Report This Post

orson

1st October 2016, 21:21
Hi jogamel - It's the 20th letter of the Hebrew alphabet (the 21st is sin).

I cannot complete the bottom left corner. 34d and 35d should be HARING and CORSET but I cannot make suitable anagrams of them.

45a Ray's tiny amount about to be pocketed by a French person with no income (4). I have U???
2 of 15  -   Report This Post

jogamel

1st October 2016, 21:32
45a is UNE round C Scottish word for ounce.
35 I have put Tresco
34 I am unsure.
Anyone else help here?
3 of 15  -   Report This Post

jogamel

1st October 2016, 21:39
34 Rahing I am pretty sure.
NOW can you help find these 36 contiguous cells....
4 of 15  -   Report This Post

orson

1st October 2016, 22:53
Testing...
5 of 15  -   Report This Post

orson

1st October 2016, 22:55
Start with A THIN at the top and then go round in a wobbly circle ending with RING. A common 6-letter word although I didn't know it had this definition.
6 of 15  -   Report This Post

kobnut

2nd October 2016, 10:12
I have a possible six-letter word beginning with g, but I wouldn't say it was an everyday word - I don't think I have used it for months!
7 of 15  -   Report This Post

tomsdad

3rd October 2016, 18:17
Well I've been staring at this for a couple of days and I just don't see it! Possibly not helped by not getting 10d. Worn-out singing voice in "Grease" outwardly yielding bass and tenor. I want to say "breast" from the wordplay (b-reas-t) but don't see what that has to do with a singing voice. I have bar-s- as the entry.

I can make a word c---t, after the starting "a thin", which gives a 6 letter word starting with g in Bradfords that happens to be an anagram of the finishing "ring" an two adjoining letters. Am I on the right track? I can see several possible words in the grid but none that seem to complete the circle.

Can anyone give me a nudge please?
8 of 15  -   Report This Post

malone

3rd October 2016, 18:26
I couldn't parse 'breast' but the anagram of it worked for the final solution! After ' a thin' comes 'c???p' and then it goes on from there. The solution is symmetrical, so working from the 'athi' letters, you should be able to read off a few more.

Hope this helps - if not, come back again.
9 of 15  -   Report This Post

tomsdad

3rd October 2016, 19:55
Thanks Malone, I can see it now. However, when I put it into google I get a 6 letter word starting with j, not g!
10 of 15  -   Report This Post