CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

caravaggio

5th May 2010, 17:02
Keep going, Old Gal, we all have moments like that with this compiler! I'm glad you've joined us - if nothing else, it proves we're not sexist...
10 of 18  -   Report This Post

old gal

5th May 2010, 21:51
Have completed over 50% of this week's puzzle which is good for me. Had a feeling I was intruding into a male club...... How long does this forum page stay open? didnt read your reply last week, sorry.
11 of 18  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

6th May 2010, 06:23
Good morning Old Gal,

This topic will continue indefinitely but may become submerged by other posts. By adding a comment, you cause the topic to rise to the top of the page [as I have just demonstrated] and, as I've noted that Philip hasn't yet added a comment, it should stay on this page for the best part of today.

I'm mindful of the fact that you're new to this Forum and the preceding paragraph may appear to be blindingly obvious but, if the topic disappears, it can still be found on the following pages.

Let's see if we can assist you to complete the remaining 50% of the puzzle and don't be embarrassed to post a number of clues should you need to do so.

With kind regards,

Caravaggio
12 of 18  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

6th May 2010, 11:29
Old Gal, good morning (just) from me too. We're a friendly bunch really, just let us know which clues you are having trouble with and we'll give you some help. We try to give additional clues rather than answers for the RT, but will give you an explanation of an answer if you need it.

It's a bit tedious, but if you scroll back through the index pages you'll find references to most RT crosswords for the last year. It can be a long search as there are over 10,000 threads (500+ pages)!
13 of 18  -   Report This Post

robtherich

6th May 2010, 11:58
Dear Old Gal. Welcome! A quick suggestion: if you were ever to tackle any of the broadsheet cryptics, http://fifteensquared.net/ explains every answer for those, like me, who falter by the end of elevenses. Grauniad, Times, Indy etc all covered.
14 of 18  -   Report This Post

old gal

6th May 2010, 17:03
Phew! Thanks for the welcome chaps. I have only 6 clues left - unusually good for me. I dont really want a lot of help - if i cant do it, I cant do it. So dont help too much - they are 8a, 16a, 24a but I am looking up Leeds river in my atlas. Also 1d, 5d but wonder if the answer is spar, and 14 d. Caravaggio - dont be offended, but the day i look for a white knight to come to my help in any capacity is the day I need to be put down! They dont exist.
15 of 18  -   Report This Post

philip

7th May 2010, 14:33
Caravaggio
No you didnt hear from me because I got a last minute luxury cruise at the end of last week, and I know Bees gets upset when I go away so I didnt tell you I would not be on line immediately.!
Just started, and so far seems `straightforward, but then its always the awkward one in the corner thats the buggar
PHILIP
16 of 18  -   Report This Post

bees

10th May 2010, 12:26
"We're a friendly bunch really"...except me, I like being a miserable old git. I've just spent the weekend freezing on a campsite. Luxury cruises! How the other half live!
I'm glad Callan's out on video, it's such great lighthearted fun, I must look out for it.
17 of 18  -   Report This Post

bees

10th May 2010, 12:35
Sorry, DVD, not video. It's my age, I get confused.
18 of 18  -   Report This Post