CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

cathco

7th August 2016, 16:24
At a bit of a loss today! Can anyone tell me if 1a is Patch? No point in giving any clues as it's all mixed up today and Frogman's help hasn't come up on his blog. Many thanks in advance.
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

jacknatter

7th August 2016, 16:29
The blog page should be there - try refreshing it in your browser. If you still can't see it, let me know and I'll put a copy on another page.

And yes, 1a is PATCH.
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

malone

7th August 2016, 16:29
I don't do Azed, but I've just checked and the Frogman's site has details of this crossword. I A seems to be another five-letter word beginning with P.
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

malone

7th August 2016, 16:34
Hope I haven't confused things! I saw another word on Frogman's site, but I hadn't realised what a complicated crossword this is.
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

cathco

7th August 2016, 16:47
Thank you Jacknatter and Malone. Found the blog using Safari. Now time to fill the grid!

5 of 7  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

7th August 2016, 17:06
yes 1a is patch .... full wordplay comes from 31a
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

jacknatter

7th August 2016, 17:18
The full clue (wordplay and definition) for 1a is at 25d. The word at 31a is in fact the one without a clue, which competition entrants will need to supply (including a 'secondary' definition for the entry at 1a).
7 of 7  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » AZED 2305