CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

derryn

6th August 2016, 23:29
Hello folks, I try this most times but can usually get only three or four answers, and then give up.
But this time I've managed to solve all but 5 clues, including the ones that people asked for help on here. (Dammit, I was too late to help as others had responded already)
Is it me, or was this one particularly easy?
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

malone

7th August 2016, 07:59
Derryn, I do the Private Eye crossword regularly. This one was perhaps slightly easier than usual.
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

derryn

7th August 2016, 09:13
Thanks, malone - I enjoyed the crossword and hope that it'll stay "slightly easier than usual" so I can try again next time!
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

bluemoo2

7th August 2016, 09:31
Hi derrin, I've been doing the Eye crossword for about 10 years now and sending it in every fortnight without fail, but I still haven't won anything! In my own mind the degree of difficulty doesn't seem to change much. The secret is to keep going and I'm sure you'll have the thing completed sometime soon!
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

derryn

7th August 2016, 17:44
Thanks! I'll keep going, having now worked out the peculiarities - "organ" meaning eye, and that the queen is Brenda, and that there's bound to be a penis in there somewhere...
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

8th August 2016, 01:11
Homer has nodded - or Cyclops blinked - in 2d. The locus of a US Presidential Inauguration is surely Washington DC. The answer to 2d is some thousands of miles west - and a bit north - of there.

(It's still worth a crossword entry, though as it is where my beautiful wife was inaugurated - or born, at least. Just needs a different clue!)
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

derryn

8th August 2016, 13:52
Thanks, Jack - but did you mean to post it as specific to PE 579?
I'd started this thread for general queries about how easy/difficult people find this crossword. Cheers - Derryn
7 of 7  -   Report This Post