CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

alwayspuzzled

14th July 2016, 08:17
For various reasons I have been not been able to look at EV for quite a while and I am feeling rusty to say the least. I have virtually a full grid ( missing the unchecked letter in 12 across which I assume is T but cannot find the word that would give ) and the quote. As always my problem is finding what needs highlighting. Any pointers/heavy hints would be welcome. I also have a full grid and the quote from last week's but, again, what needs highlighting/shading and in what colours is beyond me. Again any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.
1 of 5  -   Report This Post

ginge

14th July 2016, 08:40
Hi alwayspuzzled
12a your missing uncrosser is "T", (b)idet. If you look down the main diagonal running NW => SE you'll find the relevant 4 letter name within an appropriate 4 letter place.
Re last week's puzzle: if you use the search facility here you should get all you require.
2 of 5  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

14th July 2016, 14:01
Many thanks for your help Ginge. I have looked at the thread for 1234 and the various web articles on PBD but still cannot see the areas I should be shading. Crayons are at the ready should the penny drop. This afternoon will, however, have to be spent getting ready for three days of meetings starting tomorrow and ending late on Sunday.
3 of 5  -   Report This Post

ginge

14th July 2016, 16:21
Hi again alwayspuzzled,
Re puzzle 1234, if you start 1 in from the top right hand corner and go down 3 squares then move 1 left and go down 3 squares, then move 1 left ............. until you "hit" the bottom row you should see the 2 sources.
4 of 5  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

15th July 2016, 05:52
Thanks again Ginge. I shall look at that on my way to today's meeting.
5 of 5  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1235