CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bonzo

2nd May 2010, 18:50
If anyone is still looking at this thread, could they please help me with 60 'Nasty badman.....' I'm pretty sure it is an anagram, but can't fathom it after literally hours of trying!
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

gloria

2nd May 2010, 18:52
He hasn`t sent a video postcard for a while, yes there is an anagram in there.
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

bo

2nd May 2010, 20:08
Thanks for replying, Gloria. Will have to think about this!
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

2nd May 2010, 21:13
I'm sure if you trawl through http://www.crosswordsolver.org/forum/50986/containers" target="_blank">this thread. You'll probably find the answer you're looking for.
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

annie

3rd May 2010, 08:02
60. the anagram is the 2nd 3rd and 4th words of clue. Find a three letter word that is a container then the rest should be clear! Good Luck. Any thoughts on 99!
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

bonzo

3rd May 2010, 11:53
Thank you SO much, Annie! I must be really thick, as I had been working on that anagram for weeks, but didn't see it!! Re 99, I'm afraid I thought it was the 'k' answer that seems to have caused so much controversy - they must be much more clever than I am! This is only the second Rainbow quiz that I have attempted. Good luck to you, anyway.
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

annie

3rd May 2010, 14:22
Hi Bonzo glad to have been of some help. I know what it is like working on a clue for days and coming up with a blank, sometimes a nudge in the right direction is all that it takes! I to have k------ for 99 so cant think of anything better so will have to settle for that. Good luck with the rest of the quiz or have you finished!
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

bonzo

5th May 2010, 16:27
Yes, Annie. I've finished!! Hope to get a good night's sleep now and stop pestering my husband for ideas! Thanks again for your help.
8 of 8  -   Report This Post