CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mjk

26th June 2016, 09:24
I'm having problems with my clashes! i.e. the clash between 14D & 21A I make B/D. Now, I'm assuming the location is a six letter word that they were 'on' and this word does not contain B or D, so, either I'm looking for the wrong word or I have (more likely) made a mistake! Also are we left with all real words when we have selected the letters? I hope this makes sense!
1 of 4  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

26th June 2016, 09:34
Already discussed .
Looks like it's a mistake by the setter - yes you have the same 6 letter location as me minus the A?
2 of 4  -   Report This Post

don

26th June 2016, 13:08
although another word can be made - using D - not seeing a connection to the theme yet.
3 of 4  -   Report This Post

ozzy

26th June 2016, 15:24
No mistake by the setter. If you form the other location using most of the opposite members of letter pairs you will be able to identify a different set of protagonists (one of them uses one of the letters), how they were successful, why the title is inaccurate and who is missing. The wording of the preamble is cleverly designed to mislead.
4 of 4  -   Report This Post