CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sheila

1st May 2010, 13:10
last clue that we are stuck with: Walk across the water; possibly a cryptic clue also does anyone know the meaning of Herstmonceux.could that be the answer
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

jimbo

1st May 2010, 14:05
Herstmonceux E. Sussex. Herst 1086 (DB), Herstmonceus 1287. OE hyrst ‘wooded hill’ + manorial affix from possession by the Monceux family in the 12th cent.
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

sheila

1st May 2010, 14:19
thankyou jimbo unfortunatley not anything about walk across the water still stuck on last clue any suggestions
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

escher

1st May 2010, 14:31
Seaford ?
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

jimbo

1st May 2010, 16:00
Hi sheila

I've been racking my brains out but just cannot come up with anything half intelligent - so sorry
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

sheila

1st May 2010, 17:45
thank you escer sorry haven't spelt that correctly .We had Seaford for another clue so what can the answer be for ; watery crossing. Please help you really clever people
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

jolene

1st May 2010, 18:18
was "Ford" suggested by terry wrong?
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

ajt

1st May 2010, 19:19
I've ne through a list of Sussex place names, and the only one I might suggest is Beckley. In Chambers they give for ley "straight lines between features of the landscape, possibly pathways", and of course, a beck is a stream.
Think about it.
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

sheila

1st May 2010, 20:22
Thank you everyone for your help. I have really enjoyed being conntact with you all. I am putting this quiz to bed now . It has to be handed in tomorrow. i shall know where to find you next time and will try to be of help with future questions.
9 of 9  -   Report This Post