CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

son1ofrover1

6th June 2016, 13:20
I have a full grid but am struggling to find the letters adjacent to 3 bars to rearrange to complete the endgame, working on the assumption the DRAW word begins and ends with the same letter. Any hints would be appreciated.
1 of 12  -   Report This Post

crimbo

7th June 2016, 13:37
There are only six letters with three bars around them, which should be easy to find. If they don't rearrange into a DRAW I would imagine you've got some of the six letters wrong.
2 of 12  -   Report This Post

son1ofrover1

7th June 2016, 15:04
I am as sure as I can be that I have all the right letters. The difficulty is there are a number of choices of 6 cells which "are adjacent to three bars" (i.e. the bars are not stipulated as being horizontal, consecutive etc).
3 of 12  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

7th June 2016, 15:14
I think the "3 bars" means the cells with 3 bars AROUND them ... there are only 6... i.e. row 6 cells 2 and 3, row cell 6 and the 3 symmetrically placed to these in the other half of the grid. What letters do you have in these 6 cells?
I'm only just starting this so can't help further sorry.
4 of 12  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

7th June 2016, 15:45
son1ofrover1 ... had a quick look and filled a few in....assume some answers have to be "amended" on entry .... thus said ... end up with LNILNI in those 6 cells ... which equates to a nil - nil draw ??
5 of 12  -   Report This Post

bobbibunny

7th June 2016, 20:18
I'm not getting anywhere with this! I've solved about half the clues but can't see how to enter them and have no idea about the maxim and its author. Any gentle hints would be gratefully received!
6 of 12  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

7th June 2016, 20:57
I could well be wrong but when I looked at the clues that contain the 3 barred cells i tried changing the first and last letters for them which gave me the LNILNI......... I got a few more answers and it seemed to work for them too...........I could be way off line.......... was planning to come back to it tomorrow as I have been out for the rest of the day.
7 of 12  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

7th June 2016, 21:13
Done a bit more now ... looks like my idea was ok .... it works as the maxim round the perimeter!
8 of 12  -   Report This Post

bobbibunny

8th June 2016, 08:55
Thanks for those comments sudokulover - on my way now....
9 of 12  -   Report This Post

son1ofrover1

8th June 2016, 11:20
I have L (1d). N (10d), L (11d), E (30d), L (31d) and I (32d) so cannot get Nil Nil.
10 of 12  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV1230