CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

cockie

15th May 2016, 17:59
Grid fill easy enough, but I can find only one pair of ambiguities. Seeing something to put outside the grid is proving tricky. Is one supposed to find extra words thereby? Cutting the subgrids out and fitting them together (4 ways) doesn't help - or it hasn't yet.
1 of 11  -   Report This Post

marca

15th May 2016, 22:36
I have managed to get a full grid without any ambiguities , so am in a worse position than you Grid staring hasn't helped. Are you any further on?
2 of 11  -   Report This Post

cockie

16th May 2016, 09:06
The ambiguity I have is ORT/OUT which could go in either position where the checked letters give O-T. But no further forward alas. Still, I was concentrating last night on the BBC Young Musicians where I heard the second (of at least a dozen) most shattering performance of the Shostakovich Cello Concerto #1, by a 17-year-old. Such musicianship is astonishing in a teenager. (The best was the TV performance by Slava in the early 1960s.)
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

marca

16th May 2016, 10:52
I've just looked at this again and am wondering if the whole thing could be reconfigured to show north, south and west. I can see some almost words Will think more.
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

jackdaw

16th May 2016, 14:28
Marca

You are on the right track with your directions. If you have the correct arrangement of subgrids the directions become apparent but will need to be completed by 'thinking outside the box'.
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

marca

18th May 2016, 21:08
Thank you Jackdaw, but for the first time ever I'm giving up on an EV. Just too much effort when I don't really how to start fiddling with the sub-grids.
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

jackdaw

19th May 2016, 07:08
Marca
Don't give up. The top left subgrid has an 'o' in the first cell and the top right has a 'w' in the first cell.
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

marca

19th May 2016, 10:56
Thank you Jackdaw. You have encouraged me to look again. Thanks for the hints.
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

marca

19th May 2016, 17:32
Thank you , Jackdaw .... all sorted .... Would have given up were it not for your nudge.
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

jackdaw

19th May 2016, 19:30
Marca
You are welcome. I struck lucky in that I got the subgrids in the right order from the start. Your thought about directions sorted everything out for me. Ta!
10 of 11  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » ev 1227