CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

late learner

25th April 2010, 21:07
Having real problems with these cursed crosswords - bring back the old familiar format!
1d - Hoax (5) S- - - R
6d - Absorb (10) - - - N - I - A - -
2d - Support (8) B - - - A - S -
Also wondering if everyone got second crossword finished, or could the grid be wrong?? Or could it just be my fault??
Please and thanks
1 of 12  -   Report This Post

helena

25th April 2010, 21:21
is the r correct as could be spoof
2 of 12  -   Report This Post

late learner

25th April 2010, 21:34
Thank you very much for that. Of course you were right, and NARRATED quickly got changed to INFORMED. Where would I be without Tippex. Everthing else got finished very quickly after that. However, I still am a bit mixed up about the second crossword - I had Arsenic for the clue 5d Poison, and then EXHORTATION will not fit. Do you know if grid or me is wrong. Thanks for very quick response
3 of 12  -   Report This Post

dizzy

25th April 2010, 21:38
6d assimilate ??
4 of 12  -   Report This Post

late learner

25th April 2010, 21:44
Thanks again. Still trying to finish the second grid, boy do I hate this new format. think I will give up... pity though as I have spent a long time on it.
5 of 12  -   Report This Post

dizzy

25th April 2010, 21:45
2d buttress??
6 of 12  -   Report This Post

dizzy

25th April 2010, 21:53
hi Late Learner,
I have no idea what you are talking about(new format etc)but don't give up, there are some very clever people here and they seem to raise everybody's cleverness just by being very clever - except,maybe,me. do i make any sense?
7 of 12  -   Report This Post

late learner

25th April 2010, 23:22
Until recently there was just one large crossword, with good clues and topical photos. However in the last 3 weeks there are 3 crosswords with short clues to be answered. I find them hard work! However, I have a go each week, and though it takes till about Monday, I do eventually get a full grid. I appreciate all the replies and encouragement from this website, so thanks to all contributers.
8 of 12  -   Report This Post

helena

25th April 2010, 23:26
we are all here to help each other, your thanks is appreciated.
9 of 12  -   Report This Post

susan

26th April 2010, 17:08
What did you get for 1 across : Proxy?
10 of 12  -   Report This Post