CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ffannie

2nd May 2016, 05:07
At the moment the Guardian's version is a mess; there is a clue left over from last month and I assume that 20 is in the wrong place. I have tidied it up a little.

Here's my version: https://genius155.wordpress.com/

Please tell me of errors & omissions. I'm only doing this because of insomnia. It passes the time ( it would pass anyway).
1 of 14  -   Report This Post

buzzybee

2nd May 2016, 06:32
This is getting beyond a joke. I believe that there have been more puzzles with errors than without in the past few months. I like a challenge, but let's have legitimate ones!
2 of 14  -   Report This Post

nlb

2nd May 2016, 08:00
Many thanks ffannie. Bank holiday Mondays do seem to bring out the worst for the Genius.
3 of 14  -   Report This Post

tintin

2nd May 2016, 09:32
I don't think this is fixable today - I emailed userhelp at the Grauniad and got an auto-reply saying they wouldn't be working today as it's a Bank Holiday! Brilliant - not!
Anyway, there are no clues for 27 across or 24 down.
The ones I have solved with the extra words - no idea yet what one is supposed to do with them.
4 of 14  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

2nd May 2016, 10:00
They've fixed it! Print version now available - but really, how hard can it be to get this right?
5 of 14  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

2nd May 2016, 10:19
Eh, just noticed that the preamble is now different. Does that mean that the previous instruction regarding the extra words no longer applies?
6 of 14  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

2nd May 2016, 10:30
That preamble belongs to last month's genius!! What a cock-up!!
7 of 14  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

2nd May 2016, 10:36
Which is the correct preamble?
8 of 14  -   Report This Post

tintin

2nd May 2016, 10:37
OK - so is the latest consensus that the printed grid and the clues are fine but we go with the original special instructions re the extra word???
9 of 14  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

2nd May 2016, 10:41
think so tintin... good luck...... think I'll leave it till later!
10 of 14  -   Report This Post