CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

laura

22nd April 2010, 22:07
Could anybody lend a hand with this weeks enigmtic variations?
The theme is basically a murder mystery and I've completed the grid and need to find the means of the murder, which is within the letters I have. Any inspiration as to a means of murder would be helpful. I've followed the link on answerbank but the only idea I've come across is that the means is something that would be a womans 'weapon' of choice when commiting a murder.
Any help would be gratefully recieved.
Many,many thanks. Laura.
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

ixion

22nd April 2010, 22:30
poison?
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

laura

22nd April 2010, 22:46
That's where my mind was going, but it seems to begin with either an e or a.
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

ixion

22nd April 2010, 23:32
arsenic is a popular poison
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

anniec

23rd April 2010, 10:00
Hello Laura - I could find atropine for the poison and it seems to fit with the third letter missing element of the theme - I am struggling with the motive however which if I am right should start with R
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

laura

23rd April 2010, 14:55
Many thanks annie. I came across the poison at about 1 o'clock this morning, after too many hours staring at it! The motive you are looking for does begin with the r. This payback time, and it's seven letters long.
Thanks again.
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

anniec

23rd April 2010, 15:01
Thanks Laura - seen it! And can you put my mind at rest for 36 across - is it tout, and if so why??
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

laura

23rd April 2010, 21:21
Yes 36a is tout. Unfortunatly I've put it in the post now, (I think I was eager to get it out of the way after how long I spent looking for the means!). However I an remeber it was tout as it was linked with one of the omitted letters for the motive. Thankyou for your help on this weeks, I am unable to log into answerbank and outside of the forum on there, help on the ev is hard to find! Look forward to Sundays offering now.
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

anniec

24th April 2010, 11:27
Many thanks Laura - we will see what Sunday brings!
9 of 9  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Ev 911