CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ajt

6th April 2010, 13:08
It works for all of them, indeed. I hope i didn't misleed you. It confirms that I've got the right answers - but I did it on the assumption that there was only one that fit the grid. Makes it a very clever crossword, doesn't it? He must have spent a lng time working it out.
21 of 34  -   Report This Post

ixion

6th April 2010, 13:16
Thanks - unfortunately that means I'm still stuck - at least theres plenty of time to complete it!
22 of 34  -   Report This Post

ajt

6th April 2010, 13:24
Where are you stuck? perhaps I can give you a clue
23 of 34  -   Report This Post

ixion

6th April 2010, 18:39
Hi AJT - still at a loss with the clues below - any additional hints gratefully accepted - 15A in particular is hurting my brain!

15A ?O?T?(G)
19A ??E?E?(V)
29A ??A?(X)?
18D ???(W)?E??
24 of 34  -   Report This Post

ajt

6th April 2010, 19:53
Hello Ixion - I'll try to give you hints, shall I?

15 ac. There is a part of the brain called Pons - you'll find what you need in Chambners.
19 ac. What you really want is "from that" begins th

29 ac.How would a drunkard say "sandy" - yellowish?

This is an anagram - spymaster "M", and settles

If this doesn't help, ask again .
25 of 34  -   Report This Post

ixion

6th April 2010, 20:11
Thanks for that - wish somebody had got me Chambers for Xmas!

Thought of Pons but adj listed (online) as pontine or pontile - still leaves resolution problem - should resolve to E but leaves me with another word I can't find(but which may be in Chambers- postie changing direction?)

Also thought of Tristram but not slurred colour

Thanks
Ixion
26 of 34  -   Report This Post

ixion

6th April 2010, 20:25
Thanks AJT - complete - assuming my postie can change direction!
27 of 34  -   Report This Post

donf932

6th April 2010, 20:37
Found this for the first time. As my printer isn't working impossible to see clue numbers. Brain ache! AJT is a real gentleman (or lady) !
28 of 34  -   Report This Post

ajt

6th April 2010, 21:04
As you haven't got Chambers, Ixion, I'll have to tellyou, the word is PONTIC, but of course you must change the last letter.

And Don, as you will note when you get my SAE for your crossword - I'm female.
29 of 34  -   Report This Post

ixion

6th April 2010, 21:09
Thanks again AJT did find reference to that Pontic when I googled - Pontie still seems obscure though - abbrev for Pontefract?
30 of 34  -   Report This Post