CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trelos1

26th November 2015, 17:40
Quite a few still left. Here goes with the first three. Explanations if possible please.
Plant some other bulb. *E*B. Is it herb? I don't understand the 'bulb' part of clue.
Poor legumes with insects. *E*S*N*S. Is it peasants (peas + ants)? It doesn't quite ring true....peasants doesn't mean poor!!! Wrong sense and all that. Maybe 8th letter is incorrect as I've guessed 'PENS' as answer to Enclosure for birds.
Pays attention to space inside tournament area. L*S*E*S. Is it listens? If so, why?
If I log out suddenly without saying thanks, I hope you will understand why. I am now with Windows 10 & Microsoft Edge and it is impossible to disable those blinkin' ad's which are driving me crazy!!!!! Apologies in advance.
1 of 12  -   Report This Post

chrise

26th November 2015, 17:43
herb is hidden in anotHER Bulb

peas ants looks good, but I agree about the definition

LISTS are a tournament area (jousting); en is a size of space in printing
2 of 12  -   Report This Post

trelos1

26th November 2015, 17:55
Thanks Chrise. Understand herb and listens now. Still doubtful about peasants though!
3 of 12  -   Report This Post

mamya

26th November 2015, 17:58
(The) Peasants - (The) Poor
4 of 12  -   Report This Post

trelos1

26th November 2015, 18:01
You've lost me on that one Mamya? I still don't understand.
5 of 12  -   Report This Post

mamya

26th November 2015, 18:07
The peasants were the poor of their day.

peasant

a poor smallholder or agricultural labourer of low social status (chiefly in historical use or with reference to subsistence farming in poorer countries).
6 of 12  -   Report This Post

magworth

26th November 2015, 18:09
Hello Trelos 1. am barely computer literate but I have blocked the ads on Windows 10. I went to Settings, go from there, see `enable` blocking. I found how to so it by Googling Adblock first. mags.
7 of 12  -   Report This Post

trelos1

26th November 2015, 18:26
Thank you Magworth but you don't realize how stupid I am. I am TOTALLY illiterate when it comes to techno. I've only been connected to the internet since Spring. I am too frightened to push any buttons at the moment. LOL.
8 of 12  -   Report This Post

mamya

26th November 2015, 18:28
Sorry my parse is unclear.
9 of 12  -   Report This Post

trelos1

26th November 2015, 18:41
Was confused about the pluralisation of the word Mamya. I still can't quite understand it.
10 of 12  -   Report This Post