CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

caravaggio

31st January 2009, 18:53
Hi Paul. Yes, that's what I have put in but, if you look at my other posts and the responses, you will find that we are in agreement that we're not happy with this Saturday's compiler! Best wishes, Caravaggio.
4 of 14  -   Report This Post

terry

31st January 2009, 19:01
Your other one is probably EVIDENCE
5 of 14  -   Report This Post

trevor

31st January 2009, 19:06
I think terry is right with EVIDENCE. I also agree that the wordplay is a bit poor.
6 of 14  -   Report This Post

big dave

31st January 2009, 19:27
Liz

As someone who does the Telegraph crosswords online, you know when you submit them that you have all the answers correct, so I can confirm both of the above.

You may be interested in the following blog which is run by author James Cary and gives hints and answers on a daily basis (with occasional help from yours truly!).

http://crosswordendsinviolence.wordpress.com/

7 of 14  -   Report This Post

liz

1st February 2009, 16:34
Thanks to all for your help, especially Big Dave for the alternative web address. I'm glad to have got this one out of the way!
8 of 14  -   Report This Post

zaphod

1st February 2009, 19:32
I concur with the general sentiments around here.. a rubbish crossword this week .. no pen for me :D

Z.
9 of 14  -   Report This Post

zaphod

1st February 2009, 19:34
Oh and I put MILLS for Ivory grinder.. Anyone remember Mrs Mills and her rather enthusiastic piano playing style?

What was the right answer?

Z.
10 of 14  -   Report This Post

claire

1st February 2009, 19:53
I remember Mrs Mills! She didn't take herself too seriously......

Nor did Victor Borge! Although that has nothing to do with this.
11 of 14  -   Report This Post

big dave

1st February 2009, 21:10
Much as I'd like it to be Mrs Mills (remember Russ Conway as well) the answer is MOLAR.
12 of 14  -   Report This Post

claire (aka lazy and elitist!)

1st February 2009, 22:00
Hey Big Dave! Whatever happened to honky tonk?
13 of 14  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » DT25,840