CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

9th October 2015, 22:26
Has anyone heard from him, or “seen” him around? I really miss his contributions.

It’s taking many attempts to post this. I tried to submit a clue for Peer Review yesterday and finally gave up. The new thing is that I can’t log on. Perhaps peterm has had similar problems; I know jolan has had a great deal of trouble posting his wonderful offerings.

Now I've logged on, but when I click "Add Post" nothing happens.

This has failed at least a dozen times. Farewell, folks. For several years it was a great pleasure.
1 of 15  -   Report This Post

chrise

9th October 2015, 22:28
Sorry to hear that your problems are continuing aristo - most of the difficulties seem to relate to copying and pasting from other soruces.
2 of 15  -   Report This Post

mamya

9th October 2015, 22:32
What a shame - it happened to me twice the other day trying to submit a C&P dictionary definition.
3 of 15  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

10th October 2015, 09:39
Well - if you're not coming back - it has been a pleasure knowing you here. I always looked forward to your submissions.
4 of 15  -   Report This Post

ab

10th October 2015, 10:31
Aristo, I hope you'll reconsider and return to the fold. Won't be the same forum without you....
5 of 15  -   Report This Post

ginge

10th October 2015, 10:33
@ aristo; I hope you get a chance to see the comments subject to your original post. I totally echo bbm2's sentiments.

This has taken me several attempts to post. Other than copying and pasting "problems", I regularly get logged out and find it difficult to get back blogged in, browsers keep " crashing", the keyboard disappearing and the add post button failing to perform.
6 of 15  -   Report This Post

rossim

10th October 2015, 10:41
I'll miss you too Aristo so don't give up. I've enjoyed our bit of banter in the past.

I use a six year old lap top and have had no problem posting. Hope I'm not tempting fate!
7 of 15  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

10th October 2015, 10:59

les40

10th October 2015, 13:20
Hi Aristo,
I sincerely hope you don't throw the towel in mate, you have been an integral part of the site for some time and it would be a sad day if you left because of a technical glitch.
I, like Rossim don't seem to have any probs like you mention (just my own human errors)
Why not contact the site owners and ask why some people are having so much difficulty and others aren't.
Maybe it's ' The Pond' but maybe not because I seem to recall some Brits having past troubles.

Les40.
9 of 15  -   Report This Post

peterm

10th October 2015, 16:53
Thanks for asking after me, aristo. Pleased to report I’m fit and well and I hope you are too. I keep promising myself to return to the Clueless and Peer Review threads but something always seems to get in the way. I’ll be back though. I’m still mourning the demise of Les’s Joint Effort, which I always reckoned was one of the best things on the forum.

More importantly, I do hope you find an answer to your posting problems. You can read (or at least I hope you can) what others think. It really wouldn’t be the same without you.

All the best to you.
10 of 15  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » peterm