CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

johnt

1st October 2015, 04:14
23 Measures PM once to fit a condom.
Clearly the answer is ENSHEATH. I understand HEATH (PM once) which leaves ENS to cover Measures. Can anybody explain, please? (pardon my ignorance or lack of street cred)
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

mattrom

1st October 2015, 04:39
An EN is a printer's measure, used for the size of the typeface, and distance between letters.
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

jabiru

1st October 2015, 06:13
Sorry to interrupt the thread, but I wanted to say hi and thanks to Mattron and Busby, if they are around, for the replies to my post from 20th September. I have been on a bus in Canberra for the last 10 days, so did not get back to check the post. Usually I am on the Darling Downs which probably affects the brain power. Cheers

Jabiru
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

mattrom

1st October 2015, 08:00
Hi Jabiru, I had visions of you being in the NT. City slicker myself (Sydney). 10 days on a bus sounds a bit above and beyond the call of duty.

Apologies to JohnT for hijacking his thread.
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

johnt

2nd October 2015, 01:13
Thanks, Mattrom, that explains it. I guess I can excuse your mate jabiru for busting in. Jabiru is, if I remember rightly, a town on the fringe of Kakadu NP in NT, Oz, cheers, JohnT
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

2nd October 2015, 11:46
Has Cyclops misspelled the name at 8 across or have I misunderstood the clue? I think the final letter of the name should properly be u but it has to be an o to fit the grid and the clue as I read it.
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

mamya

2nd October 2015, 12:01
That's what it looks like Jack from a post I've seen.
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

2nd October 2015, 13:44
Thanks mamya. I've now seen the posts you referred to. The word play involves "mob" and an anagram of "out" so I think it's definite that Homer nodded - or, rather, Cyclops blinked!
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

johnt

2nd October 2015, 17:29
Interesting, and well spotted Jack Aubrey. I had my suspicions but went with the flow, research confirms that name should indeed end with a u and Cyclops definitely blinked. Very unusual, thank goodness, it's tough enough without that, JohnT
9 of 9  -   Report This Post