CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

kerry

30th January 2009, 16:47
Thanks Big Bertha!I don't think it takes much education to write properly though as the parents of the children should make sure their children should be able to write properly not just the schools but i get what you mean about school nowadays as the unruly,normally the ones struggling,are not sorted out or given that extra tuition that they need.Also i believe it is an issue for the parents to try to ensure their kids get a good education by being responsible parents which is often not the case with all the irresponsible people having children these days.
21 of 42  -   Report This Post

cow pie

30th January 2009, 17:57
Quote kerry - "... I do know how to use proper english."

Quote kerry - "... I felt that i lay out the clues and the available letters in proper english ..."

Quote kerry - "Thanks Big Bertha!I don't think it takes much education to write properly though as the parents of the children should make sure their children should be able to write properly not just the schools but i get what you mean about school nowadays as the unruly,normally the ones struggling,are not sorted out or given that extra tuition that they need.Also i believe it is an issue for the parents to try to ensure their kids get a good education by being responsible parents which is often not the case with all the irresponsible people having children these days."

When you're in a hole, stop digging!!!!

22 of 42  -   Report This Post

kerry

30th January 2009, 18:13
Ok Cowpie.I have finished digging.
23 of 42  -   Report This Post

trevor

30th January 2009, 18:43
Cow Pie
Four exclamation marks in a row? That was severely frowned upon by my school.
The fact that kerry found and wrote in to this forum would seem to indicate a desire to learn.
I hope you haven't stifled it.
24 of 42  -   Report This Post

kerry

31st January 2009, 00:32
Trevor,you rock.Thankyou for your remark.Hopefully if i don't get anymore disheartened i may continue to use this site.Thanks again.
25 of 42  -   Report This Post

rufina stephenson

31st January 2009, 00:42
Kerry dear Textspeak on this forum is a definate no no, totally
taboo

Jamie English
26 of 42  -   Report This Post

paul

31st January 2009, 12:27
definite, no 'a'
27 of 42  -   Report This Post

claire

31st January 2009, 15:30
John from Arran - your first comment is an absolute classic and had me rolling in the aisles. Well done - my sentiments exactly.
28 of 42  -   Report This Post

fred

31st January 2009, 15:47
Kerry- I have just read the exchanges about your perceived crime of using textspeak to ask for help. Ignore the disparaging comments from people. They do not own the site. They are the ones that should be questioning their right to use it to attack you. Who appointed them to be the deciders of such things? I personally do not know much about textspeak but if that is the way information is conveyed I am willing to open my mind to it.Otherwise we would still be grunting to each other like cavepeople.
29 of 42  -   Report This Post

trevor

31st January 2009, 16:10
Claire. look at the original post from kerry in this thread. compare it to this post (by Claire)

"Am stuck on 1a and have M as the fifth letter out of 8.
Can anyone please confirm 10a is 'in control'?"

One post is informative and gives everybody a chance to help. The other is lazy and elitist. I hope when "Claire" stops laughing she might say something constructive.

30 of 42  -   Report This Post