CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

dtee

29th August 2015, 09:07
The online version of this appears to be missing today - but it is there if you hunt for it

You have to do an archive search for prize puzzles for August - it's then one of the results but listed as Friday 28th

Now to attempt to do at least some of it before looking for help.

(and my paper delivery hasn't arrived yet either - not a good start to the day)
1 of 37  -   Report This Post

chrise

29th August 2015, 09:22
There's a .pdf version linked from the crossword page, and an apology that the interactive version isn't available.

I do dislike this type of thing. Cracked it from 1d, then just a case of matching the word patterns.
2 of 37  -   Report This Post

dtee

29th August 2015, 09:29
mmmm

That message has only recently been added - I'm sure it wasn't there earlier
3 of 37  -   Report This Post

chrise

29th August 2015, 09:33
I printed off the pdf before 8 this morning.

Only 4 (and one unparsed) left now (apart from the theme ones, which I mostly didn't bother to parse). Unfortunately they all cross with each other.
4 of 37  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

29th August 2015, 10:41
The .pdf link was there just after midnight. I printed it then and had it finished by 01.00. I agree that the theme content is OTT. Like chrise, 1d cracked it for me and then it was just a write-in. And I got ear worms!
5 of 37  -   Report This Post

simond9x

29th August 2015, 12:47
Pretty much a write-in but stuck on last one, 6D. I have all the crossing letters and can see a word that would satisfy first word of clue but not convinced. Any hints please?
6 of 37  -   Report This Post

chrise

29th August 2015, 12:48
Read your answer as two words. Best chuckle of the puzzle for me!
7 of 37  -   Report This Post

hils

29th August 2015, 12:55
Think little yellow character!

I'm stuck on 20d 'Fishes from Tobago gutted by short invitee' (6). Ive got T_G_E_. I thought maybe tagger but can't think why. Any clues gratefully accepted, thanks
8 of 37  -   Report This Post

simond9x

29th August 2015, 12:56
Doh! Thanks for that - I'd been splitting it in the middle. Quickest Bank Holiday puzzle, possibly, ever.
9 of 37  -   Report This Post

chrise

29th August 2015, 12:57
Not a type of fish I've heard of, but the answer is put together fairly
10 of 37  -   Report This Post