CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

norah (admin)

20th August 2015, 08:56
Ash had to take measures overnight to prevent hundreds of spam messages recurring. In taking these measures, it is possible that some totally innocent users of the Forum will have been banned.

If you cannot access the Forum, please send me a message and we will take steps to unban you as quickly as possible.

Both Ash and myself apologise if you see so affected, think of yourselves as innocent victims of the relentless war against spam!
1 of 36  -   Report This Post

celadon

20th August 2015, 09:31
Although my e-mail address has been verified; tried twice this morning to post replies on Poser of the day. When add reply is pressed the e-mail verification keeps coming up and the reply is deleted.

Celadon
2 of 36  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

20th August 2015, 09:40
I'll ask Ash and get back to you Cladon
3 of 36  -   Report This Post

mrw

20th August 2015, 12:11
Hi Norah, I'm having the same problem as celadon. I'm trying to start Peer Review 191.
4 of 36  -   Report This Post

chrise

20th August 2015, 13:06
Norah, the validation system isn't working. I am now "validated" three times, but I can't make a big post (no trouble with little ones).
5 of 36  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

20th August 2015, 13:18
I have contacted Ash about the validation issue,. Hopefully something will be sorted soon
6 of 36  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

20th August 2015, 14:00
Ash is asking me EXACTLY what message you are all getting, it would be helpful if you could please explain what you are trying to do and the message you receive.
7 of 36  -   Report This Post

chrise

20th August 2015, 14:17
Hi Norah
It kicks in when try to post above some size (in this case, the introduction to Peer Review). There is a message about Spam problems, and a link to validate my Email address. This seems to work fine.

I could copy the message, but I bet that it would be long enough to trip the warning again if I try to paste it!
8 of 36  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

20th August 2015, 15:34
I was banned for "inappropriate behaviour", but Ash has unbanned me.
9 of 36  -   Report This Post

rossim

20th August 2015, 15:58
So was I. I wondered what I'd done!
Ash acted very promptly for which I am very grateful.
10 of 36  -   Report This Post