CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ash

20th August 2015, 07:27
Apologies for the spam issues over night, we're keeping on top of it the best we can!
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

20th August 2015, 07:34
Thanks for your hard work this morning in eliminating all the spam.
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

20th August 2015, 08:07
Ash contacted me at 10.15 last night after he had cleared nearly 200.

I then started deleting but they were coming in faster than I could delete so I gave up and went to bed. I might as well have stayed up because I couldn't get to sleep thinking about what I would find in the morning!

However, Ash was very kind and cleared them all again. He also took steps to prevent a recurrence, so keep fingers crossed.

It's a pity they came in at her time of day they did, had it been the daytime we could have cleared them sooner

A really big thanks to those users who alerted us to the problem, we really appreciate it. You are all stars.
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

elle

20th August 2015, 09:31
Thank you, Norah and Ash!
When I looked in early this morning before I took out the dog, there were over 100 PAGES of spam!
A mammoth task for you both!
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

seamus, ayrshire

20th August 2015, 10:41
A lot of work to get rid of all those. Perhaps it's time to introduce a simple Captcha when posting. Tick two out of three check boxes is about as simple as it gets and the robots don't seem to be able to break it.
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

20th August 2015, 12:29
I'll ask Ash about the captcha idea, anything is worth trying!
6 of 6  -   Report This Post