CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

redcrane

21st March 2010, 15:49
Marseille to Paris er & monster in Lomond.
No number of letters given. (answer presumably is something (ending in er) Castle
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

charlie smithers

21st March 2010, 20:12
Marseille is south of Paris

South er ness Dumfries
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

coline

21st March 2010, 22:47
\are you sure it is "er" and not "ew"?
The only reason I ask is that from Marseilles to Paris you travel North.
"N" for North, followed by "ew" followed by "Castle" for the monster on lake lomond would give you "Newcastle"
Colin
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

charlie smithers

21st March 2010, 23:03
I agree ColinE - its a very poor clue, but I assumed that someone who put er in the clue rather than add something about " hesitantly" or " casualty" to suggest er , might also think the Loch Ness monster was in Loch Lomond.

As to whether redcrane has put er instead of ew - they have referenced it twice in the posting.

And " Marseille to Paris " can be read either way .
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

21st March 2010, 23:41
Hmmm. There isn't a monster in Loch Lomond and the only castle on the Bonnie Banks is at Balloch. I think "Marseille to Paris" could be TGV, but I don't know what the rest of the clue could be about.
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

ixion

21st March 2010, 23:51
there is an alleged monster in Loch Lomond - known as "Lommie"
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

redcrane

22nd March 2010, 09:23
thanks for all your suggestions. Yes, er is correct unless it is a typo. The "Lomond Monster" is an imax cinema built in the shape of a castle. Could a setter really mix up Lochs Lomond and Ness? lol
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

valentino

8th April 2010, 18:34
Yes this setter can mix things up he is known for alot of spelling mistakes
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

redcrane

9th April 2010, 09:49
that really inspires me with confidence lol.
I see AB posters are saying Southerness is the answer but I am not convinced at the moment.
9 of 9  -   Report This Post